The Castillo de Canena Estate has produced exceptional extra virgin olive oils in the Guadalquivir Valley of Andalusia in the south of Spain since 1780. This exceptional smoked oil is artisanally crafted by slowly infusing their high quality, hand-harvested, Castillo Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil with naturally produced smoke from a mix of organic oak, beech, and birch woods. When you open the bottle you will smell, and taste, exquisitely smoked Arbequina with undertones of caramel, vanilla, and toffee. This unique oil is divine on its own, or you can pair it with your favorite recipes to add a smoky component to your dressings, marinades, and final dishes.
- Brush it on bread, or just dip the bread right in.
- Drizzle it on:
- Seafood, poultry, and meats.
- Use it to make a smoky hummus.
- Pair it with your favorite vinegar for a smoky, delicious dressing or marinade.
In order to produce this wonderful, exquisite, cutting-edge cold smoked extra virgin olive oil, Castillo de Canena designed a unique process. Their burner allows the wood chips to slowly smolder. The smoke is then cooled, and passed through a water filter. They then slowly, over the course of 6 hours, release the cold smoke into the bottom of the tank which holds the Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This artisanal process naturally imparts the smoky flavor and aroma into the oil.
- Special blue bottles protect the extra virgin olive oil from harmful light.
- No preservatives or artificial flavors.
- This product contains no soy, gluten, nuts, dairy, or genetically engineered ingredients.
Produced and bottled by Castillo de Canena with olives grown, harvested, and pressed at the Castillo de Canena Estate in Spain.
250 milliliter (8.4 fluid ounce)