Stracetti di Carne Thin Sliced Beef
with Trampetti Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1/2 lb. natural beef, thinly sliced. We use sukiyaki
- 2 cups bitter greens such as mache, mizuna,
arugula, or watercress
- 2 Tbsp. Trampetti Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- a high quality salt (Fleur de Sel Sea Salt, Sel Gris, or Maldon)
Wash and chop greens, dry well and set aside.
Heat 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan.
Add the beef, in one layer, and cook until just done (no red
Turn off the heat, add the vinegar.
Divide the meat into 4 servings on serving plates.
Top each plate with a handful of greens.
Season well with
more Trampetti Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and the high quality salt.
Serve with rustic bread and extra Trampetti Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling!
Try it in these other dishes as well:
- Bruschetta rustica with toasted bread, a rubbing of raw garlic, and a sprinkling of sea salt
- Drizzled over bitter lettuce salads (radicchio, arugula, chicory), and summer tomatoes
- Drizzled on gazpacho or other chilled summer vegetable soups
- As a finishing oil for grilled or roasted meats, fish, and poultry
- In marinades or dressings for grilled vegetables
Produced and bottled by Trampetti with olives grown, harvested, and pressed at the Trampetti Estate in Italy.
500 milliliter (16.8 fluid ounce) silver foil wrapped bottle