Quality, truth, and taste are the words that the founders of the MammaMia Extra Virgin Olive Oil Project have chosen to represent their limited edition extra virgin olive oils. The project is the brainchild of five olive growers from the Viterbo, an area in the Lazio region of central Italy which is known for its plurisecular (centuries old) cultivation of olives on well-adapted mineral-rich soils.
These growers decided to collaborate to produce extra virgin olive oils which utilize the highest standards of quality at every step in the production cycle:
- Rigorous selection of the trees from which to harvest
- Rigorous selection of olives to press
- Pressing within 12 hours of harvest
- State-of-the-art cold pressing in a continuous cycle press
- Careful attention to maximizing flavor and antioxidant content, which includes storage under zero oxidation conditions
- Award-winning 100% eco-friendly packaging
- Natural pigments are used for the bottle colors
- 100% solar powered production
- Support of Italy's Lazio Region for innovation, especially in the organic sector
This is an elegant and harmonious unfiltered extra virgin olive oil created by blending DOP Caninese olives from Colli Etruschi with DOP Maurino olives from Frantoio Cerrosughero.
Produced and bottled by Colli Etruschi with olives grown, harvested, and pressed by the Colli Etruschi Cooperative in Italy.
500 milliliter (16.8 ounce) bottle