Moroccan Lamb or Beef Tagine
- 2 pounds tender lamb or beef, cut into 3" pieces
- For a vegan tagine, substitute vegetables of your choice
- 1 jar Mina Tagine Sauce
- 1 onion, grated or chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup dried fruits (e.g. prunes, apricots, raisins)
- 0.5 cup roasted almonds, chopped
On medium-high heat, brown the meat for a few minutes in a brasier. If using a tagine, skip this browning step.
Add all the ingredients EXCEPT the dried fruits and almonds, and distribute the tagine sauce evenly.
Cover and cook tagine on low heat on the stove top, or if using a braiser, place in a 350F oven for 1 hour.
Add dried fruit, and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until meat is fork tender.
Garnish with almonds, and serve with couscous, rice, or crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
Ingredients: water, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, ginger, salt, black pepper, cumin, tumeric, cinnamon, all spice, coriander, mace, cardamon, nutmeg, saffron
12 ounce (340 gram) glass jar