This Egyptian spice mixture is made by blending roasted sesame seeds, almonds, and hazelnuts with ground cumin, coriander, and sea salt. The addition of Aleppo and cayenne pepper fire up this nutty spice blend.
Dukkah is traditionally served alongside hearty pieces of bread or crisp vegetables, and a small bowl of fantastic extra virgin olive oil. Dip your bread, or vegetable of choice, in the extra virgin olive oil and then in the Dukkah. The warmth of the spices is heightened by the richness of the extra virgin olive oil for an unforgettable bite.
Some wonderful uses:
- Sauté blanched chard in extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and preserved lemon. Sprinkle with Dukkah to taste.
- Add Dukkah to hummus to spice it up and add some crunch.
- Use Dukkah as a dip along with extra virgin olive oil for bread or fresh vegetables.
- Sprinkle Dukkah over a roasted vegetable or pumpkin soup.
- Rub Dukkah on a rack of lamb before cooking.
- Add Dukkah to your deviled egg filling.
- Combine Dukkah with bread crumbs or panko as a breading mix for fish or chicken.
- Mix Dukkah with extra virgin olive oil and toss with freshly popped popcorn.
- Bake Feta cheese with extra virgin olive oil and preserved lemons, then sprinkle with Dukkah.
- A few pinches of Dukkah on steamed vegetables adds extra crunch and wonderful flavor.
Ingredients: sesame seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, spices, sea salt.
1.5 ounce resealable ziplock pouch
Want to try Dukkah for FREE? For every jar of Belazu Beldi Preserved Lemons you buy, we will give you a Dukkah spice blend for free. Simply add the Dukkah to your cart, along with the Preserved Lemons, and we will automatically set the price of the Dukkah to $0.00. No coupon required.