The Savini family business is world famous for their truffles. Starting in the 1920s, and continuing to this day, the family tradition of handcrafted truffle products has spanned over four generations.
During the harvest, the truffle gatherers collect both large and small truffles. The biggest ones are sold fresh to restaurants, while the smaller ones, with equally impressive flavor, are sliced, and through a very special proprietary method, preserved in olive oil. The flavor is identical to the fresh truffles, with the added benefit that you can keep them unopened in your kitchen for more than a year, and thus can have "fresh truffle flavor" anytime on a moment's notice.
These sliced black truffles are of the highest quality, and the Savini family ensures the origin of each and every truffle. This guarantees both the quality and freshness. Every jar shows a "best by" date so you know you are getting the freshest truffles available.
- Start your day off with a perfectly cooked egg and some sliced black truffles.
- Stuff sliced black truffles under the skin of a chicken before roasting.
- Add some slices to freshly cooked pasta... amazing!
- A few slices on hot seared or grilled scallops is otherworldly.
- Mix them into your risotto 15 minutes before it is done to make truffle risotto!
- Save the olive oil, and you have authentic truffle oil!
Ingredients: 50% Italian black truffle (Tuber aestivum Vitt.), olive oil, salt, truffle flavor, garlic, herbs, spice.
Shelf stable. Refrigerate after opening.
Best by: 7/23/2017
3.17 ounce (90 gram) glass jar