- Mix with sea salt, paprika, and cumin, rub over a pork chop or loin, and bake.
- Add Piment d’Espelette and a little lemon juice to your favorite mayonnaise. Dip fried potatoes or steamed artichokes in it.
- Add it to your popcorn butter for a new twist on a classic snack.
- Use it to season creamy roasted red pepper soup.
- Season baked, roasted, or mashed potatoes.... sprinkle it on your french fries!
- Season chicken or pork.
- Grill shrimp with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with Piment d’Espelette.
- Perfect on grilled, baked, and sauteed fish.
- Gougeres (Cheese Puffs) with Piment d'Espelette
The A.O.P. rules strictly govern the growing area, cultivation practices, drying protocol, and the size (mesh) of the Espelette powder itself. A.O.P. thus guarantees you are getting authentic Piment d'Espelette!
Gougeres (Cheese Puffs) with Piment d'Espelette
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Piment d'Espelette Powder
- 1 3/4 cup grated Gruyere Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons grated Gruyere Cheese
- Fleur de Sel
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Parchment paper
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large saucepan bring the milk, butter, water, and coarse salt to a boil over medium-high heat.
Stir constantly while adding all the flour, and the Piment d'Espelette Powder. Continue to stir, cooking the mixture until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the saucepan (5-10 minutes). Remove from heat, and let rest for 5 minutes.
Now add the eggs, one at a time, and stir until fully incorporated.
Get your parchment lined baking pans, and with a large spoon (about 3 Tablespoons in size), scoop out some dough, and space the dough balls about 2-inches apart. Top each with 1 Tablespoon of Gruyere Cheese, a sprinkle of Fleur de Sel, a few grinds of black pepper, and a sprinkle of Piment d'Espelette Powder.
Bake for 30 minutes, turning the pan at the 15 minute mark.
They are done when the cheese puffs are lightly brown and puffy. Serve warm (our preference) or at room temperature.
This is a special order item. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery. Your card will be charged when you place your order.
Ingredients: Piment d'Espelette Powder A.O.P.
500 gram (17.6 ounce) vacuum sealed bag