Two words describe the Sicilian terrain where our producer and friend, the Marino family, has generational roots as far back as they can remember: warm and pure.
The Marino family proudly produces organic products on their farm in southeastern Sicily in the Italian province of Siracusa. Their native terroir, enriched by the Sicilian sun, as well as by tradition-bound stewardship, yields deep flavors in the Marino family’s hand-tended olives.
Marino’s award-winning (Zurich-based "Golden Olive Award"), monovarietal organic extra virgin olive oil is made from 100% Tonda Iblea olives, harvested from a grove of only about 500 trees. We are proud to present an extra virgin olive oil that is both organic and typical of the Monte Iblei zone. In fact, the village name of Ferla is historically connected with the Tonda Iblea olive--also called the "Ferlese" olive.
This very special organic extra virgin olive oil has earned the Marino family:
- Best Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil: XI Sol d'Ora 2013 "Gran Menzione"
- "Best in Class", 2014 New York International Olive Oil Competition
- 1st Joop Japan Olive Oil Prize "Exellence"
- 19th BIOL International Prize "Gold Medal"
- An outstanding rating by the 2010 Slow Food Guide to Extra Virgin Olive Oils.
Produced and bottled by the Marino Family with olives grown, harvested, and pressed at the Marino Estate in Italy.
500 milliliter (16.8 fluid ounce) glass bottles