Great for making pestos, try sprinkling them on crudo seafood dishes, salads, and other special dishes. See the Lamb Burgers with Tuscan Wild Pinenut and Rosemary Crust Recipe at the bottom of this page!
Nicola DeLaurentiis and his wife Paola have outgrown their modest artisan enterprise located near Roccascalegna, Abruzzo and replaced it with a new, up-to-date facility. They continuously strive to maintain the artisan quality, level of innovation, and aesthetic appeal synonymous with the trademark CASINA ROSSA. Everything from the CASINA ROSSA kitchen is a sheer delight!
Lamb Burgers with Tuscan Wild Pinenut and Rosemary Crust
- One pound fresh ground lamb
- ½ cup toasted Ritrovo Selections 100% Italian Pinenuts
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped or 2 Tbsp. Dried Rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Maldon Sea Salt, crushed
Crush together pinenuts, rosemary and sea salt. Blend together and place ½ of mixture on wax paper.
Form lamb into 4 patties. Press burgers slightly into the mixture. Top the burgers with the remaining nut-rosemary-salt blend and use another piece of wax paper to imbed the blend into the meat patties.
- 1/4 cup Pinoli 100% Italian Pine Nuts
- 3 medium garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 7 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon high quality sea salt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Toast the Pinoli in a heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate or bowl.
- Add garlic to the empty skillet. Toast until fragrant and the cloves start to turn light brown. About 7 minutes. Allow cloves to cool and then peel and chop.
- Put basil in a heavy duty zip-lock bag. Pound the bag with a rolling pin until leaves are bruised.
- Place Pinoli, garlic, basil, extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, stir in parmesan, adjust salt to taste.
To make pasta with pesto:
- Bring 4 quarts water to a rolling boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to the boiling water and stir. Cook al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Stir 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water into the pesto mixture. Toss the hot pasta with the thinned pesto, adding the remaining pasta cooking water as necessary.
- Serve immediately.
1.76 ounces per jar net weight; about 1/3 cup