These tender cod fillets are delicately poached in olive oil, a method long-revered for its superior preservation of flavor and texture.
On the Basque coast of Spain, there is a longstanding tradition of preserving fresh seafood. Bacalaos Alkorta, a family-run company in the village of Elgoibar, specializes in cod, offering it fresh, frozen, cooked, salted—and yes, jarred.
Caught in the icy-cold eastern Atlantic waters near the Faroe Islands, a remote archipelago between Norway and Iceland and one of the most pristine fishing regions in the world, this cod is transported with the utmost care, and then immediately processed by a small, family-run company in order to guarantee you are getting the most exceptional cod in the world!
These cod pieces are ideal for:
- Niçoise-style salad, simply substitute cod for tuna.
- Eating fresh-out-of-the-jar with a hunk of crusty baguette.
- A sandwich: toast, sautéed vegetables, a dash of Piment d’Espelette Powder, and cod.
- Pastas with a pinch of chopped parsley and a spritz of lemon.
- White beans and cod.
- Homemade Cod Taco with a nice salsa!
- Hors d'oeuvres
- Don't forget to save the olive oil for salad dressings, or drizzling on hot baby potatoes.
Ingredients:Cod, olive oil, salt.
200 gram (7 ounce) net weight glass jar